Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Entertaining Ideas

I have found that there are moments in life that seem to take our breath away. I do not mean the typical ones with a pretty view and positive outlook. I mean the other kind. The kind that sneaks up on you when you least expect it. One minute you are sitting in the sunshine enjoying the day and one little thing, one stupid little reminder does you in. All of a sudden, in the middle of what was one second before your perfect moment, your chest is tight and you know that any second tears could start creeping their way out of your eyes. For me these moments are due to previous visitors...things that have already pulled me into their depths before. It is like I can't escape them. I am convinced that they are things that a normal person could very simply move past. Maybe it is because I am an emotional, helpless romantic or maybe it is because deep down I enjoy torturing myself. Either way it seems like once this thought takes root I can not escape it. It finds me in the lyrics to a song or in the last moment before I drift off to sleep. I don't know why they are there but sometimes I can't help but to entertain them.

No comments:

Post a Comment